Feb 2, 2010
It used to be that courts would assist in dividing a couples assets during a divorce, but during these tough economic times, it seems like many couples are dividing debt. This program explores your options if you are considering bankruptcy before, during or after your divorce. Our guest is Bankruptcy Attorney, Douglas Kuthy.
• What are the advantages and disadvantages of filing bankruptcy?
• Understand the different chapters of bankruptcy and decide which is the best option for you
• What happens if your spouse files for bankruptcy after your divorce?
• What to do if you are having a hard time making mortgage and credit card payments
• If your spouse files for bankruptcy, will it affect your spousal support or child custody payments?